Table of Contents
How to Fix Error “com.digitalpersona.onetouch.jni.JniException”
Firstly, we need to understand what is the cause of this error (com.digitalpersona.onetouch.jni.JniException). These error simply means that there is compatibility issue between the driver for your UareU Digital Personal device and the Runtime Environment of the website you are running the application.
To fix this issue, simply follow the steps below;
1. Uninstall all Digital Persona Drivers you have on your PC
NOTE: The drivers come in different types, some Start UareU, some Digital Persona or OneTouch.
Make sure you uninstall any driver related to Digital Persona.
2. Download the Universal Digital Persona Driver for your PC below
Note: The above drivers works for NYSC, JAMB, WAEC, NECO and NABTEB fingerprints registrations.
How to Fix Java Related issues for Biometrics Capturing
- Open the Firefox browser or restart it, if it is already running
- From the Firefox menu, select Tools, then click the Add-ons option
- In the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins
- Click Java (TM) Platform plugin (Windows) or Java Applet Plug-in (Mac OS X) to select it
- Check that the option selected is Ask to Activate or Always Activate or on older Firefox versions, click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)
- Click Tools and then Internet Options
- Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button
- Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets
- Make sure the Enable radio button is checked
- Click OK to save your preference
- Click on Safari and select Preferences
- Choose the Security option
- Select Allow Plug-ins, then click on Manage Website Settings
- Click on the Java item, select an option (Ask, Allow or Allow Always) from the pulldown list When visiting other websites
- Click Done, then close the Safari Preferences window
Step 2. Ensure you configure your Java Security Settings the right way.
- From your Windows start menu, search for Configure Java and open it.
- Click the Security Tab on the dialog box.
- Take the Security Drawer to the lowest point (Medium in Java 7, and High in Java 8). Just ensure it’s at the lowest point.
- Click on Edit Site List Another dialog will open, now click on add in the next box, Now add the following URLs one at a time and click Add after each;
5. Click ok, ok, ok to close all the dialog boxes. Now Restart the PC.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have been able to fix error com.digitalpersona.onetouch.jni.JniException.
Drop your comment below if you have difficulty fixing this error.